Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 10

Another beautiful stormy day today. I was all out of my favourite keurig coffee and none of the stores were open, grateful for Jerry who ventured out in the storm and surprised me with coffee. He went to every coffee shop in Charlottetown and thankfully the dedicated staff at Starbucks were open bright and early. He also got Emily and Devin coffees which was very kind of him, they really appreciated it. I don’t really enjoy plain coffee, but yesterday I tried baileys for the very first time, definitely my new favourite. What a great way to make plain coffee taste flavoured ;)  

I thought I would have cabin fever today but I didn't really mind being indoors, I had lots to keep me busy…and the day flew by so fast. Thankful for another peaceful yet productive day.


The underground parking is not yet completed so we park in the lot behind the building. We went outside to clean off the truck and car after the storm had stopped, and there was about 4 feet of snow on all sides including the tops. My little white car could hardly be seen with all the snow. Luckily working together we were able to get the cars cleaned off fairly quickly and when we were done the sun was just setting. It was nice to get some fresh air and physical exercise for the day too. Deuce loved the new fluffy snow, he would run through it until it was up to his neck, then he would run back, almost like he was swimming in the ocean. He will sleep well tonight :)

I received another kind note today from a good friend that says she has been reading my blog every night and it has inspired her. That means so much to me, love you Marsha!

Jerry got me Urban Beatz Verse headphones when he was in Florida, they are noise cancelling. They definitely will come in handy when I write articles or have to focus on challenging projects at work, where I need to get lost in my thoughts and block everything else out. I used them a lot today.

My Sunday morning Yin class was cancelled, so instead I did some meditation and yoga on my own. I also listened to some really beautiful music, some of which Airlie plays at Yin each week. This song in particular I really love, it is also on the soundtrack of one of my favourite movies “Love Actually”. This video is captivating, I love to watch the pianist’s fingers move delicately as he plays each note so carefully. 2.13 minutes of pure bliss. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Grateful for this wonderful storm weekend :) Going to spend the rest of the evening relaxing in a Himalayan salt crystal bath, and then a mani and pedi – only three more days until my yoga spa adventure. A week on the beach, I can hardly wait :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment