Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 20

Today Lenka and I went to Dolphinaris, I have been wanting to swim with dolphins since my very first time at Sea World, however the opportunity had not come up until today. It was very exciting, the dolphin trainer Luis made the experience very fun, he had a great sense of humour. We met Osiris a 22 year old female dolphin, she was beautiful. We were able to touch her many times as she swam by us. We then got to ride on her belly, from one side of the pool to the other. She was a very talented dolphin, she could dance and sing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” say yes and no, and even play jokes. Next we were able to do a handshake with her, and then she gave us a kiss on the cheek. We even got t to kiss her on the lips. she did not want to stop kissing me, it was so cute :) This is definitely an experience I will never forget.


This afternoon I had a scuba lesson with Max, I really learned a lot about the equipment and the breathing mechanisms. I would love to try deep diving sometime in the future. I did a lot of snorkeling this week and it is an incredible feeling to swim among schools of fish, very peaceful experience.

We had some bumblebee drinks and played pool volleyball. I then went to Temazcal, an ancient native purifying and detoxifying ritual performed in a sweat lodge by a Shaman. It was a very spiritual experience but insanely hot, if I had have known I would have been better hydrated, and also would have had lunch and supper before I went. Grateful to have had the opportunity to try it though.

Thankful for a day of firsts and fun experiences. Tonight is our last night in Mexico, I can hardly believe how fast the time went by. 

Ilchi Lee's Motivational Story on Gratitude:


No comments:

Post a Comment