Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 4

What a gift today was - my office was closed due to the snow storm. My first snow day of the year, I savoured every minute.

I caught up on my “for a rainy day” to-do-list while listening to soulful music with lots of meaning. This afternoon I went for a nice long winter wonderland walk with great friends. We walked all around Charlottetown, the sidewalks were not shoveled but we were dressed warm and it was a good little hike over, around and through the many snow drifts. We had fun, made snow angels like we were kids again, laughing and being silly. I love those kind of moments :) It was so great to watch my little 11 year old dog play in the snow like he was a one year old puppy, he had such a fun day. He is so sweet, I love him to bits.


Then I spent a couple of hours warming up by the fireplace, sipping on delicious David’s Tea and reading a great book.

It was so nice to not have to drive anywhere today - I saw cars slipping all over the road even with winter tires, and I was grateful I had no where I needed to be.

Moksha classes were cancelled so I spent some time in my little cozy meditation room listening to my meditation iphone apps, then had a Himalayan salt bath. Grateful for this very relaxing stormy day :)

I found this TEDx with Neil Pasricha - "The 3 A's of Awesome". It was worth the 18 minutes but if you only have half that time start the video at 7.12. If you only have a few minutes start the video at 14.19. I really want to read his book after seeing this video.



No comments:

Post a Comment