Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 8

I know I said at the start of this 28 days of gratitude, that I would be journaling about the little things I am grateful for, the things that people may sometimes take for granted, but today I can't help but express in words my gratitude for one of the biggest things I am thankful for in my life. I woke up this morning to this lovely email from my darling Mom:

Hi Jo Jo. Just read your blog. I have quite a daughter!!! It's a wonderful blog. Today I am thankful for you. I am so blessed to have brought such a joy into the world.
Love you, Mom xxoo

I could not stop smiling after I read it. I have been missing my Mom even more than usual these days, especially after the loss of my best friend’s Mom. My parents are down south for the winter so I try to get to Florida a couple of times over the winter to visit. I went to visit for 2 weeks over Christmas but it is a very long winter to have to wait until they are back in April. Hopefully I’ll get back to Florida in March to see her.

My Mom is the kindest, sincerest, most empathetic, genuine person I know. It's funny when I run into someone I haven’t seen in a while, whether it be a childhood friend, my soccer coach, an old boyfriend, they always ask how my Mom is doing. She is definitely one of a kind. She genuinely loves everyone she meets and brings the best out in them, always making them feel uplifted after they talk to her. She has accomplished so much in her life and has always encouraged me to give my best to everything I do. I am beyond grateful for her; I don’t know how I got to be so lucky to be the one who gets to be her daughter. I can’t imagine my life without her in it, my heart would never recover.  


And for the little things I am grateful for today… chocolate kisses & hugs that got me through a very challenging project, a caring stranger that held the door extra long for me when I was 10 steps behind him, a serene trail walk at Victoria Park with Lenka and the pups, so peaceful at dusk. And tonight I am grateful to have Jerry back home, he was away on a golf trip in Florida and just got back late last night. Deuce and I missed him.

To end off I’m sharing a video that I really love, it makes me cry every time. It is not about gratitude but it is about giving kindness and love regardless of differences. Without judgement, just pure kindness. You have no idea how grateful someone receiving your kindness will feel. A helping hand, a friendly gesture, a kind word. The little things all add up and make a difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment