Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 18

Today was the toughest yoga morning yet. It is hard to push myself when I'm sore but Hugo was back today and he teaches very advanced yoga.  I love the yoga temple by the water, my favourite part is at the end of class when we are in Savasana and everything is silent. Feeling the sunshine on my body and listening to the waves crash against the rocks. It doesn’t get much better than that :)

Did some scuba this morning and then went back to the spa for more hydrotherapy – I can’t get enough. Today I spent the most time in the infrared sauna, I kept drifting off and day dreaming. I felt like I was in yoga nidra, almost an unconscious state of relaxation.

This afternoon I had a water lily cooling after-sun body wrap and full body massage. It was incredible, most relaxing part of my vacation yet. I was pretty lazy afterwards so I had a little siesta in the hammock. Tonight we had some mojitos and chocolate mousse for supper. The food at this resort is fabulous, so many choices and I thought I would be living on protein bars the whole week, but they really do cater to vegetarians.

I heard I missed a storm day back at home today, the office was closed. I am beyond grateful to have this week away from the snow. It will really break up the winter and hopefully I can get back to Florida in March to visit my wonderful parents.


I received this beautiful email today from a woman who read my Café Jen guest blog post. She really made my day. She thanked me for my post and she said that she has learned to live her life with the adage "Attitude of Gratitude". She said she tries to apply it on a daily basis - which is not always easy, but she is so much more aware that being grateful takes less energy. She has learned to embrace the positive and let go of the negative. Her email really touched me, I hope I get to meet her someday.

I’m sitting outside on the deck as I write this, embracing the warm breeze off the water. It is such a clear night I can see the moon, stars and even the big dipper. It is amazing that no matter how far away from my friends and family I am, they can still look up at the sky and see what I see. It is very comforting.

The Letters of Gratitude is a community of like-minded people who are on a journey of happiness, self-discovery and gratitude. The book, The Letters of Gratitude has empowered 1000's to change their lives and realize that their past does not dictate their future, and that every person has the ability to create an abundant life for themselves.


I am looking forward to reading this book when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment