Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 17

Another stunningly beautiful morning.  Today we had a different yoga instructor, his name was Luis. He was really good but not nearly as hard on us as Hugo. I was grateful as I was very sore this morning from all the yoga and activities.

I tried guava fruit for the very first time on this trip, I love the taste and texture combined and have been having them every morning for breakfast. Today I tried “green juice” which is orange juice with celery, cactus leaves, parsley and pineapple. It was amazing, I am thankful for the opportunity to try all these new things on this vacation.

After yoga today we had an amazing spa day. We started with hydrotherapy. First we took a cleansing shower, then spent some time in the steam room. Next was the swiss pressure shower where there were all these cold water jets that sprayed us from head to toe. We then went in the hot tub for a relaxing soak, and then rinsed all our toxins away in the glacier waterfall. We then started the heat cycle again in the infrared sauna, back in the cold plunge pool and then finished with hydro reflexology. So relaxing, it reminded me a lot of the nordic baths at le nordik spa. I did not think I could get any more relaxed but I was wrong, the hydrotherapy put me on a whole new level of relaxation.

We then went for pedicures, our feet and toes look so pretty. I tried a chlorophyll drink at the spa – it is made of pure antioxidants that have the ability to clean your blood, remove toxins, refresh the liver, equalize metabolism and reinforce immune system.  And it was very delicious too.

I was so thankful to have such a great day. We did a bit of touring around this afternoon and came face to face with many Iguanas. At first I was scared because they were so big and I wasn’t expecting them to be everywhere in sight, but then I got used to them. They posed for lots of pics and were very photogenic :) It is nice to see them in their natural environment instead of an iguana posing for photos with a trainer or one behind glass.

Lenka and I played some tennis and then went for a nice dinner. I tried my first fancy cappuccino and indulged on desserts. Another grateful day of vacation, could not be happier.

My video of the night, Joshua Bell playing violin, in DC Metro Station. The story on the youtube page that accompanies the video is worth the read. 


"If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world
 playing the best music ever written, how many other things are we missing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment