Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 14

Today started bright and early at 3am. I have never traveled Sunwing before, they were awesome. The flight attendants were very friendly and they offered so many extras that I have never seen on a flight before. I tried my very first Mimosa this morning, Champagne and Orange Juice. It was such a nice treat to toast to the start of our vacation. The airline provided everyone a complimentary Mimosa, a choice of French toast or an Omelet, banana bread, warm towels, Sunshine snacks, three rounds of beverage service, chocolates and even a $50 voucher towards next booking. They did not have a first class section on this flight, but everyone on the plane received First Class service.  I loved how they treated everyone equally.  It was definitely worth it to take the early flight as we didn’t dip into any of our first vacation day, arriving in Mexico around noon.

The view at the resort was breathtaking, I thought I as dreaming. I had my very first Coco Loco and Pina Colada today, the sunshine was spectacular and we had fun snorkeling with tropical fish, swimming at the swim-up bar and lounging in the hot tub.  The little huts all around the resort are so adorable. I already want to move here :)


Grateful today to Kristina who is finalizing my deck for my ignite session at Career Boot Camp. I had many technical difficulties last night with my new computer and couldn’t finalize my presentation. Thankfully Kristina saved the day today so I didn’t have to work when I arrived to Mexico.

By the way, Happy Valentine’s Day! :) Although Jerry and I don’t usually celebrate this “Hallmark Holiday”, I do miss him already. He has been so worried about me this week (along with my sweet Mom of course), since it is my first trip to Mexico, he is hoping I’ll be safe. Grateful to them both for caring so much about me.  Living on PEI has made me a very trusting person, and I tend to always see the good in people. I don’t have that gene that can pick out insincerity at first glance, so I really have to work at being a reserved person and putting up a bit of a protective guard in unfamiliar places. I know Lenka and Rachel will also make sure I stay safe, they are amazing girls and have lots of travel experience. The three of us are going to have such a great week. Day one exceeded my expectations by far!

Since it is V-Day, Rachel shared this great video with me – the true meaning of unconditional love.  This couple has had 50 years of true love, and even through difficult times when illness strikes, their love for each other has no boundaries – they are grateful for every moment of their lives together. 


2 comments: