Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 27

This morning I had breakfast with a great friend, it was so nice to catch up as I hadn’t seen him in a long while - I also had one of the most delicious smoothies I have ever tasted.  Then I had a day of incredibly productive meetings. Whenever I come to Ottawa it seems like the days are stock full of awesomeness, getting the opportunity to work with such engaged individuals, where their energy and enthusiasm is beyond contagious. I just love it.


 Tonight was the w2p (web 2.0 practioners) mixer at Aulde Dubliner. Despite the stormy weather there was a great turnout. It was so nice to see everyone and also get to meet some new faces I had not had the pleasure of meeting before.  Jess, Erin and I have been chatting about getting together for cupcakes and champagne. Tonight Jess made the most amazing neapolitan cupcakes with tricolour icing, what a fantastic baker, extremely talented. We then had some champagne, what a perfect combination - so much fun.  I love w2p mixers, and getting caught up with everyone, I always leave at the end of the night so inspired by everyone I’ve spoken to. I am grateful to be part of such an amazing community of dynamic individuals. They all have such a sparkplug of energy and passion, and are doing such incredible things to improve the Public Service. 


1 comment: