Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 24

Today was a perfect day for flying - sunshine, clear skies and spring-like temperatures. Jerry and Deuce drove me to the airport, Deuce always acts sad when he sees my suitcase as he never knows where I go when I travel, so this time we decided to show him by taking him to the airport. I'm not sure he fully understands but at least we tried :)

My 27 minute flight to Halifax arrived 15 minutes early as we caught a jet stream. I had my favourite treat when I arrived at the airport - a matcha monsoon smoothie at Booster Juice. I look forward to this every time I travel, since PEI does not have a Booster Juice shop. My friend Jaclyn and I just ordered a bunch of different matchas, can’t wait to try all the flavours when I get back – I made a matcha mint coconut latte before I left, and it was beyond my expectations - so delicious.


I arrived in Ottawa around noon and had a great afternoon of shopping and skating on the canal. I haven’t skated on the canal in a few years. It was a warm afternoon and lightly snowing; I felt so free gliding along the ice.  I did a three month assignment in Ottawa a few years ago, and for the month of February I skated on the canal twice a day - such fond memories.  Tonight I had the most delicious sushi I ever tasted, the wasabi was incredible.

Just finished up my presentation prep for my Career Boot Camp ignite session and caught on some reading, grateful for a very relaxing and fun day in the Nation’s capital :)

Here is a "moving poetry" video called "Gratitude is..." 


No comments:

Post a Comment