Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 11

I barely remember today, it was such a blur. I know I woke up and it was sunny, warm and beautiful out but when I got to work I don’t remember a thing after that. All I know is it was a very productive day, I just got in a zone with my work and all of a sudden it was time to go home. Every day seems to be that way lately…I’ve been working very hard to be caught up on everything before my trip so I can go away and not worry about a thing.

Rachel texted me on my way home from work to say it is "Random Acts of Kindness" Week, so I scrambled to do a few nice things. I bought a homeless man a blanket, he looked cold sitting on the sidewalk. In retrospect, I should have bought him a hot chocolate too. There is always tomorrow.  I love RAOKs, I am planning a 31 days of Kindness blog for May, it is going to be so much fun to do.

I was walking with Deuce after work today and a man was leaving his parking spot. There was so much snow everywhere and he was stuck in the slush. All of a sudden it all sprayed from his tires up in the air and all over Deuce and I. I knew he didn't mean to do it and probably didn't even see us. So we just kept walking. All of a sudden he stopped his car, got out and started apologizing and asking us if he hit us with the flying snow. I didn't want him to feel bad so I said he just missed us and we exchanged kind words. It was very nice of him to take the time to come back to see if we were impacted. Those little kind gestures can make every situation a bit better.


Tonight I dropped over to see my friend Shanna, I brought her an orchid, two pizzas, and some toys for Cole and Simon. It was nice to see her and her family smiling. I know how much they miss Lila, but she would be happy to know they are being strong for her after she is gone. Glad to spend some time with Shan. We are planning a breakfast date when I am back from Mexico.

Tonight the piercing alarms started around 845pm at our building, my dog was so terrified. Sadly there have been so many alarms over this past year that now only a handful of people leave the building. There were three fire trucks that came and it turned out to be a broken sprinkler. Grateful it wasn't anything serious. The story “The little boy who cried wolf” really impacted me as a child. I think if there were fire alarms every hour I still would go outside. Thankful my Mom spent so many hours reading to me as a kid, as many of life’s lessons are hidden in the pages of Children’s books, always with a moral to the story.

This short video talks about a Gratitude Challenge, very inspirational. 30 bloggers that chose to “live on the brighter side of life”.


No comments:

Post a Comment