Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 22

Today was my first day back to work after vacation. I was surprised at how energized and refreshed I was from only a week off. I was able to focus on my work and get through all my action items by the end of the day. I am leaving for Ottawa Sunday so I really only had today to catch up on everything, so I was thankful to have utilized the full day.

I received some very sad news today. Lexie, my colleague's guide dog was diagnosed with lymphoma, there were a lot of tears shed as she is loved by everyone. Kathy indicated that the vet said she had about 3 weeks to live. I was at a meeting this morning and Lexie was under the table by my feet, I wanted to reach down and pet her, but didn’t want to bother her. I was hoping I would have more time to give her my love throughout the day but didn’t get the opportunity. My manager texted me tonight to tell me that Lexie was gone :(  Beyond heartbreaking. It feels like I lost a co-worker as she was so special to us all, and brightened each day at work.  I am grateful to have had the opportunity to have had special moments with her over the past couple of years.

Today I am also grateful for friendships, friends that are there for us through good times and bad, who embrace our uniqueness, our idiosyncrasies; who love us for just being who we are. Sometimes friendships come and go, but I am grateful for all of them, as they have impacted my life and made me who I am today. I received a really nice note today from a wonderful friend, she has been following my blog and she said although we don't get to see each other often, we always pick up where we left off. I will always love her, she holds a very special place in my heart.


This is a beautiful video where a dog is reunited with her "Mom", a soldier who has been in Afghanistan. Brings tears to my eyes every time, that pure unconditional love the dog feels for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment