Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 21

Today was our last day of vacation. We woke up early this morning as we had to be at the bus for 620am, I captured my last glimpse of the sunrise and tried to take in some mental photos so I would be able to remember how much I loved this trip and the beautiful surroundings. We got to go outside to board our plane and I was grateful for the lineup as we had the opportunity to take in a bit more sunshine and warm air.


Good food on the plane, vegetarian pasta, and they even served wine with lunch, a very nice touch. I slept for the majority of the 5 ½ hour flight, and was very well rested when we arrived in Halifax. So happy that the beautiful wood masks I bought made it through customs without an issue, they will be a very nice memory of the trip. The roads were very icy tonight and lots of drifting and whiteouts, so it was a scary four hour drive to PEI. Grateful to have made it home safely, there could have been a few close calls but we were very careful and took our time. 

Thankful tonight to be home to Jerry and Deuce and my own bed. Also, grateful to be able to brush my teeth without having to use bottled water, the little things we sometimes take for granted.

Here is a brief Deepak Chopra video on Gratitude:


No comments:

Post a Comment