Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 23

Today was a lovely spring day with lots of sunshine. We had the windows open all day and it was so fresh and breezy.  Grateful for Deuce who let me sleep in a little bit this morning, grateful for Jerry who cooked me a nice supper, and grateful to be back to PEI to see the beautiful sunset, I can never get tired of watching those images of beauty from my window.

Tonight I decided to do a little random act of kindness, I went up to shoppers and bought the homeless man who looked so chilly, some water and a box of granola bars. He was very grateful, and didn’t even ask me for any money. On my way there I saw the lady that makes and sells coat hangers, she said she was trying to make enough money so she could buy a McDonald’s pop tomorrow, as they have free refills. I told her I had to go to Shopper’s first as I didn’t have cash but that I would come find her. I almost wish I had have been able to buy her a winter coat but none of the stores were open, she wasn’t dressed very warm :( They didn’t have the cash-back feature so I decided to buy her a big bottle of pop and a bar instead. The first thing she said was "you didn’t have to buy me two things", but the smile on her face showed how grateful she was :) I sure love doing the little things that make people smile. I can hardly wait for my 31 Random Acts of Kindness blog that I will be starting in May, now that is going to be so much fun.

Hanging out with Jerry tonight, watching Sens and excited for the Rousey v Carmouche UFC 157 main event :)

I love this starfish story, a simple act of kindness can make a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment