Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 9

Another stormy day…so cozy! I went for a walk outside first thing this morning all bundled up. Yoga was cancelled so I had a great workout of hiking through drifts and fighting against the strong wind and falling snow. It was beautiful, not a car in sight, not even a car parked on the city streets. I took some great storm shots that I tweeted to @weathernetwork :)

Grateful for good friends that live so close by, we spent the afternoon at Emily and Devin’s cooking dinner and watching the Sens. Tonight Lenka, Ryan and Max came for a visit and we had wine, lots of laughs and great conversation. Max and Deuce had a fun time too – they are best buddies.

I really notice such a difference living downtown, especially on stormy days like these. I rarely ever drive my car anymore. It is so amazing to walk everywhere and not have to worry about white knuckle driving through snow drifts and on icy roads with poor visibility during stormy weather. I don’t miss that at all.


I am also grateful today to not have a driveway that I have to shovel, or a heat bill to pay. Apartment living has been wonderful, 1800 square feet of modern living, without the extra responsibilities that come with a house, and the convenience of everything – that is the best part. Selling our suburb home with 2 acres of land last June was the best decision ever, in so many ways.

I received a really sweet note today from a good friend, she really made my day. She thanked me for inspiring her to start a gratitude journal, she started one on January 1st when she saw my tweet about my new gratitude journal that I had purchased for 2013. She said that thanks to her daily entries, the feeling of gratitude is something she now experiences every day. It was so nice to receive her note, and I am thrilled that I was able to inspire one person to feel the way I do every day, because of the gratitude journal I have kept the last couple of years. The act of sending a little note of thanks can really brighten another’s day, I was grateful to her for that :)

This video is short but sweet, it is called the power of words. The words you choose to express are very powerful, even if the different expressions mean the exact same thing. Your words can result in either a negative or positive outcome. This holds true for your thoughts as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment