Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 26

Today was a very productive morning of meetings, and a wonderful sushi lunch with a great friend. I spent the afternoon at the Champions Official Languages session, it was very interesting and Nick did a great job presenting.

I glanced out the window a few times throughout the day and saw these workers repairing a roof. It was neat to watch them work as they each had their own little job and worked together as a team. I am sure it must be very rewarding for them to take a roof, remove the shingles, place the new tar, roll out the new shingles and see the efforts of their labour come together in a neatly, completed project. They seemed very at ease and relaxed as they worked, almost like artists painting a canvas. I was grateful to watch them work at various times throughout the day and see the pride they took in each phase of their project.

Tonight we went to Vetta Osteria – a new Italian restaurant on Bank Street that opened in November. Such a wonderful evening of deep conversations, lots of laughs, expresso cup traditions, and wine toasts :) It was a really enjoyable, grateful for such a fun evening.


I received a surprise thank you from a friend today, very thoughtful and of course delicious.  A little hand written note and a batch of cookies was really appreciated, it was such a kind gesture.

Tonight as we were leaving our meetings I looked up in the sky and saw three Canada flags moving in the breeze, it felt like a fresh spring day and the sky was so blue. A sense of pride washed over me, realizing how lucky I was to work for the government serving my country, and being a Canadian.  I never want to take this for granted, I think being in the NCR makes it even more surreal.


Grateful for my sweet Mom calling me tonight at 1130 to make sure I made it to the hotel safely. It is nice that she worries so much about me, it really shows how much she cares. I am so very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment