Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 19

Today was my favourite day of vacation so far, we took a road trip to the Mayan Ruins in Tulum. We did a little tour of the ruins and took lots of pictures. All of a sudden we looked over a cliff and saw the most beautiful piece of paradise. I thought I was dreaming, I had never seen anything like this beach before. I love the beach and go as much as I can all year round, as it has such a peaceful ambiance. This beach was no exception, the waves were crashing, the water was aquamarine, and the sand was soft and white. Lenka and I decided to go for a swim, the waves were 10 feet high and it felt like a giant wave pool. It was so much fun, we never wanted to leave. The waves were strong; as I was heading into shore a giant white cap crashed over my head and I was thrown off my feet, covered with sand from head to toe. Lenka and I both lost our sunglasses in the massive waves. What a rush, it was one of the best experiences of my life. I’m so grateful to have had that moment in time.


I tried my very first coco water today, a fresh cut coconut with a straw through the middle. It was so delicious and very refreshing after our ocean swim.


This evening we sat on cozy chairs by the cove, sipping Riviera Maya drinks and watching the sunset. We have had many deep conversations and I am very inspired by this retreat. I have lots of great ideas and aspirations for when I get back home.

Tonight we ordered takeout from three different restaurants and had a picnic back on our patio. I had another rest in the hammock again after supper; the warm air has made me very sleepy. We decided to have a quiet evening after this full day, I think I will unwind with a bubble bath in the massive hot tub before I go to bed.   

I can hardly believe tomorrow is our last full day, I'm going to savour every last moment. I’m so grateful for this mind, body and spiritual escape. I will be going back home with a whole new sparkle on life. Not even snow will be able to get me down :) Tomorrow's experience is something I have dreamed of but never had the opportunity to experience before, I am beyond excited :)

To end my journal entry tonight, here's a short Dr. John Demartini video on gratitude:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for informative & really needed a post about Gratitude Journal.Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate your comment, thanks for brightening my day!

      Delete