Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 3

I woke up this morning to a soft and fluffy snowy day. When Deuce and I went for our walk the city was untouched, no footprints except our own – the quietness felt like we were the only beings on earth. So peaceful, I love Sunday mornings.

I went to Yin this morning. One class with Airlee is like a week vacation for your mind and spirit. I love the coziness of the yoga bolsters, pillows and blankets and the way my body feels after we hold our poses for 5 minutes each. The background music and her soft words of inspiration make the 75 minute class fly by way too quickly. I just love the way I feel the rest of the day, almost like a perma-smile from the inside out.



So much that when I went to the grocery store this afternoon the huge lineups and the disgruntled people maneuvering through the packed store didn’t seem to affect my mood at all.  I was in a lineup and the grocery clerk told me to put the closed sign behind me and that he was not taking any more people through the check out. A lady came up and got in line and I told her that he wasn’t accepting any more people. I told her that since she only had about 10 items maybe if she asked he may let her go in the lineup. She seemed frustrated and said she was not in the mood to try to persuade anyone. I then told her she could go in front of me.

This gesture seemed to put her in a different frame of mind, she started to smile and told me about an Oprah show she watched about people letting others in the lineup and they gauged how the person responded to the gesture. We instantly hit it off and started to talk about other things as well. She insisted that she would not go in front of me, she decided to ask the man if she could go at the back of the lineup instead. He said no but something came over him, and he changed his mind and said okay, yes. I complimented him on his kindness.

Now the three of us ended up having a connection, we talked as if we were all of a sudden old friends  and complimenting each other. The lady bought the grocery clerk a chocolate bar to thank him. She then thanked us both for turning her day around and said that good karma would come to us for our kindness :) She even helped me put my grocery bags in the cart and the three of us couldn't stop smiling at each other. It felt good, complete strangers connecting through a small situation of kindness.

I had another refreshing snowy walk this afternoon, Lenka, Deuce, Max and I were covered head to toe with snow, we looked like walking snow people by the end of it ;) I warmed up with my first ever Timothy’s Hot White Chocolate Cocoa – so delicious.

I made some adorable chocolate football berries for Devin’s Superbowl party and everyone loved them. Jerry is in Florida so he missed out on trying the cute little healthy desserts. Grateful for good friends, an exciting Superbowl and being cozy indoors on this chilly evening.

Here is a video I found on gratitude, the lady at the store had mentioned Oprah today and then I remembered Oprah also has a gratitude journal – I had no idea she has been journaling for 16 years. Focusing on all the good - from fresh flowers to the kindness of a stranger, Oprah says acknowledging these things made her more receptive to the goodness in her life.




No comments:

Post a Comment