Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 2

Today was a quiet day but I still found lots of little things to be grateful for – life’s simple pleasures. Saturdays are always a treat regardless of what is planned :)

Today I slept in until 9ish, it was so lovely to wake up to sunshine streaming in the window (as through the week it is dark when I rise) and breathing in the smell of fresh clean sheets. My body was tight from yoga so to be able to take as much time as I needed to stretch in bed felt so good. Then my little dog came over to greet me, ready for his morning walk. He was so thoughtful to let me sleep late on this Saturday morning. It was a brisk cold walk but I was bundled up and enjoyed the cool air.

I had a relaxing day - got lots accomplished but took my time doing things. Tonight I had a fabulous dinner at Sim’s Steak House with some amazing friends. I don’t usually indulge on dessert but I gave in to my sweet tooth, and I sure was happy that I did. I tried sticky date pudding (my first time ever) with Cow’s Ice Cream and caramel sauce - I savoured every delicious heavenly bite.


I found this TEDx video today, it is a couple of years old but I had not seen it before. It features Louie Schwartzberg award-winning cinematographer, director, and producer. It includes his short film on Gratitude and Happiness. It is described as a stunningly beautiful piece, reminding us of the precious gift of life, and the beauty all around us. The inspiring video of the child and the elderly man starts at 3.45, in case you don’t have time to watch the full TEDx.


The quote that impacted me the most in this video was:

“Open your heart to all these blessings and let them flow through you. Everyone whom you will meet on this day will be blessed by you. Just by your eyes, by your smile, by your touch, by your presence. Let the gratefulness overflow into blessings all around you. And then it will really be a good day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment